heather_bailiff

help with tile placement in ensuite

Heather
4 years ago

Hi all, just looking for some ideas about where to put tiles in the en-suite. Have found some absolutely gorgeous hexagonal tiles which come in various colours but just struggling to work out which colours to put where!

The room is 3m in width and 1.5m in depth. It has a sloping ceiling as it is in the loft, so the wall height for one of the 3m walls (where the door and the shower head comes out) is around 2.3m in height, the other 3m wall (where toilet is) is around 1.2m in height. There will be a 78W x 98H velux centrally.

Have attached some pics with the layout we are intending - The shower is 0.9m x 1.5m but we plan on having a built in shower seat under the lower part of the ceiling enclosed with short projecting stud wall so the actual standing floor area of shower is 0.9m x 1.0m and preference is to have it as a wet area. with the shower floor flush with the rest of the bathroom floor.

Toilet will go under the lower ceiling as will the towel radiator.

Sink directly opposite the shower and will have some built in shelving next to the sink.

We don't want to tile the entire room - mainly because of cost reasons. So currently we are thinking to tile the floor, all the walls around the shower area/shower seat, and to tile the wall directly behind the sink. The rest of the room we will paint.

We love the hexagonal tiles shown (they are suitable for both wall and floor) - especially the green and the pink ones. Wondering what peoples thoughts are on the best way of incorporating them into the bathroom - thinking green on the floor, pink on the walls? re: the shower seat, we are keen on a curved one which means we'd need to get some mosaic tile for this as larger tiles wouldn't be able to tile over a curve, so should we go for hexagonal mosaic here or maybe I was thinking more of a chevron pattern?

Thanks for any comments!

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.