jacqueline_horgan

kitchen cupboard paints aaaah and lights

Hi All,

The pic below is my kitchen or at least part of!
We have black granite tops with a slight speckle which can look green, blue, purple dependant on how light shines on it. As you can see it needs a paint job! Initially I loved the really dark blues but only on island or base units (there are a couple of wall but not many)I also love green. However feel although walls will be white for a good time with only 1 window I am better to play safe and perhaps use the colours I like for lights or accessories. We have been to quite a few kitchen shops and like the Mussel colour, we think it will go well with black worktops and we plan to put a distressed oak flooring down. Does anyone know where I can get Mussel cupboard paint from. I been searching the web with no luck. I am useless at matching colours so could do with someone to tell me a paint brand and the colour that most resembles mussel. There is another post on here somewhere where someone has a pic of mussel door and grey asking for opinions if your not sure of colour I mean.
Secondly this is a farmhouse. We like industrial, rustic styles although not necessarily right through the house (I am partial to a little luxury living although how I can blend both styles I’m not sure??) initially I liked brass switch covers but think they are a bit too bling and wonder if polished nickel would be better (I want the click ones) the lights- I have recessed ones, 3 above island and another opp island (from where photo taken) which will be above a small kitchen table. The lights I like are shown but I’m unsure whether they will complement.
Looks like I can only post 4 pics so will post more light in next comment.
Another quick q taps presently are brushed chrome so to are handles. I do like antique bronze/ brass look as well however massive fridge in brushed chrome so perhaps should stick with that metal look?

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.