madhousemama

Which patio tiles to choose & what do you think of the design? TIA :)

Clair S
4 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have been ruminating for weeks on a couple of tiles and realised this was the place to ask for help!

I have (will have) a large patio that is separated into two areas by a sunken flower bed and thought a different tile to designate each area would be quite good. One is a wooden effect porcelain tile and the other a plain porcelain. I can't choose between the 'vanilla' and 'soft grey' for the plain tile. I like the soft grey but worried I'm just choosing it as it's modern but does it really fit with the rest of the garden as a whole. I'm totally rubbish at visualising these things!

I also don't know whether to carry the plain across the front of the wooden area (as per image) or just keep that side all wood effect right up to the edge.

I'm no designer so totally panicking about making a massive mistake and have pretty much spent up with a house renovation so can't afford to get someone in to make these decisions now.

TIA Houzzers!

Notes for images: the 'wood' area is designated by the planks I have sketched in and the 'vanilla' tile is the one on the top. The right side of the patio will be raised to same height as the existing base on the left. The sunken flower bed will actually be cut out of the existing patio space on the left. Hope it all makes sense and massive thanks for looking!

Clair

Other stone used in other areas of garden...

Houzz inspiration...

Garden Design in Wimbledon, 1 · More Info

Marshalls Symphony Plank Vitrified Garden Paving · More Info

Project 5 · More Info

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.