shannon_ebron

Granite backsplash, tile or both

Shannon Ebron
4 years ago

Hello fellow Houzzers! I have a backsplash dilemma and my granite installer is coming tomorrow to do the templates for my kitchen countertops. Originally I thought I wanted a simple 4" granite backsplash but after looking at numerous pictures online I now definitely want to go with tile around the main kitchen countertops. My question is what to do with the 5' desk/storage area that sits by itself on another wall. The more I look at it I am not sure I will like tile over that area. I think that area may look better with a 4" backsplash and painted wall. I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on what to do with the space. Would it look crazy to have the main countertops area tiled and not the 5' desk area? The granite I chose is Fantasy Brown, the cabinets are BM Dove White, and the tile will be a simple 3x6 subway tile (similar to the one pictured). Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Comments (20)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.