francois_alba

Help - Redesigning layout of flat.

François
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello,

We have just become homeowners.

We would love some advice/opinions on changing the internal layout of the flat.

Our original thoughts is to make change the layout to open space by changing the living room with the en-suite master bedroom is has the sun the whole day and to knock out the wall between the old master bedroom/new living room, in the old living room / new master bedroom maybe add the walk in shower.

Then we would take down all 3 chimney breasts to have more space and redo the bathroom and also the study(no picture yet)

We are hesitating to swap the study and have the main bathroom then in the current main bathroom and storage, but worried that in terms of value, it might be better to keep the main bathroom where it is at the moment and use the study as it could be a small bedroom, what do you think?

We are hesitating whether we should have an en suite bathroom still or not as the main bathroom is quite small and will also add a value to the flat.

We are very happy to move walls, but would be reluctant to to move utilities! We are keen to add value to the property but not blow the bank!

Please see attached pictures

We would love to hear your wild ideas!

Please ask if you need anymore information

Many thanks

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.