ellert_driessen

Acquiring our communal ‘shed’.

E D
5 July, 2019
last modified: 5 July, 2019

We own the lower and upper ground floors of a good sized Victorian house in inner city London which has a storage space (‘shed’) at lower ground (basement) level, underneath the outside steps of the building.

Although a little damp, it‘s ideal for bikes and some other items, at approximately 1.50 x 3.50 metres (not quite standing height). It also houses the water mains connection for all three flats.

There is a one metre square hallway like area connected to it, housing the three electricity meters, which has a door leading to our flat (not our main front door) and a metal gate leading outside.

I would like this whole area to become part of our flat, with sole use of it.

Bit of a long shot, but has anybody here dealt with a similar situation?

I’m sure there will be legal and other hurdles to overcome but I feel that would be worth it.

One of the two other (shared) freeholders has said he’d be willing to entertain this idea the other one is not so keen (yet).

Any advice welcome and appreciated!

Let me know if you need more info, I guess it may be hard to envisage the space(?)