joanne_beaumont83

Ground Floor Layout Help

Joanne B
4 years ago

We moved into our detached 3 bed house a year ago and always planned to do a large extension to make into our forever home. There is about 6-7m wasted space to the side of the house that we want to extend into and within the restrictions of planning, we think we can put a 4.2m wide full length double storey extension on the side as demonstrated by the white box I have drawn on the existing ground floor plan.

But I'm stuck and looking for ideas on how best to use the space. Ideally we want to achieve a large kitchen/diner/living room, a downstairs loo, utility room, small study, separate dining room (But that can open up to allow a long table for large family dinners) and a play space with a lot of room for toy storage!

I have tried many different confiugurations but the one that seems to work best is below. This seems to be the least reconfiguration of the exisiting house (making the best use of a tightish budget £200K budget). The large white box is the open plan kitchen/dining/living space but not sure if it is big enough to fit in everything I need (haven't got as far as thinking about kitchen layouts etc yet).

Any ideas/thoughts appreciated! Thanks

Joanne

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.