jacqueline_horgan

lighting size? opinions please

Hi,

I done some research on what size light fitting you should have depending on the size of your room. I worked out 24cm diameter. However will this measurement change if you have high ceilings? It seems quite a small light fitting and it might be fine for the size room with normal height ceilings but I wonder if it will look lost.
Plan to have a feather pendant light with a drop of 1.2m here are pics
In the room on the walls/ slope ceiling either side of A frame 1/3 away I have electrics for 2 spots. I have seen 2 gold spot lights ( will post pic in following comment) I love them but the purpose is to highlight the a frame. If you look at the spot lights they are not wide beam and wonder if they will be ok to serve the purpose of why we had the electrician put cables there.

I also would like opinion on lounge lighting. Big room but very different to upstairs- very low ceilings meaning I’m relying on 2 recessed spots either side of chimney, led lighting under mantle, 2 spot lights at other end of room on a beam and 4 wall lights. The wall lights need to be uplighters as the ceilings are low and as the room is long but not hugely wide they can’t stick out too much as they will not be above head height. I fell in love with some lighting by nigeltyras but can’t justify paying that amount for a light when I need 4 ( money is running out!) I can’t find anything else similar that I like but have found different lighting but am unsure so would appreciate people’s opinions. Pics will follow in comments.

Finally kitchen. I have a kitchen diner with a breakfast bar as well. We have a black granite work top. I wanted 3 pendant lights over island and 1 over table. I have decided on 2 options one has a black light one light pewter over island. Someone said I should avoid a dark light with a dark worktop so again thought on this will be appreciated again pics to follow

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.