webuser_313893469

Open-plan or Closed Layout in a Small Home

Laura
4 years ago

Having recently moved in to our 1990's end-of-terrace house we are looking to update the layout of the ground floor. We like the idea of opening up the kitchen to provide an open kitchen space but are slightly concerned about the pitfalls that come with it (ie. noise and lack of cosiness). We are however willing to compromise if it would make more sense to the space we would gain. This mock up plan of an open space idea demonstrates more accurately the dimensions. Perhaps by opening up the kitchen into the hallway we could create more space here and have room for a t.v. area and a bench-dining table pushed up to the wall? With some sort of bifold/French doors onto the garden. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.