kerry_russell74

kitchen or snug closet to the garden?

Kerry Russell
4 years ago

Hello! We live in a traditional small Victorian semi detached house. We are extending 2m into the garden and into the side return.

Plan is to move kitchen into existing dinning room and then have a snug at the garden end. This is simply because this seems to be the most common thing which is done. Been watching George Clarke’s old house new home programme and this seems to be a popular choice.

We have young kids so I just wanted to check with others if you think this way round makes sense?

I can see a problem in that I will be further away from them if they are playing in the gArden and I am busy in the kitchen. However it’s not a massive space or garden (8 meters in length)!

Pluses with doors open they would have lots of space to play in the snug/outside (we would put decking/patio there) if the kitchen was there it would break up their space for playing. Any thoughts or experience I would love to hear them!

Thank you.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.