wheezy11

Snug Sitting Room Ideas Please!

wheezy11
4 years ago

I'd love some help with the proposed layout of a new 'snug' sitting room. I have been playing around with ideas but can't visualise how the space might work. The room is currently a playroom / study but no longer needed as such. We are doing some wider house remodelling and the main part of the house will be largely open plan, but we'd love to create a smaller, cosy room to slouch, read, watch tv in - away from the kitchen. We plan to have a woodburner installed in there. The current door can be moved - probably to the left as you walk in. The wall opposite the door is covered by a vintage OS map of the south of England (don't ask, but it needs to stay.... ). The wall to the left when you walk in has a large-ish window, and we'd like to have two narrow windows in the wall to the right but I'm not completely sold on that idea. Neither side has a view worth looking at, so although we have thought about patio doors, neither is in the right part of the garden. Sofa(s) - we'll get new so can be flexible about these - corner sofa or snugglers? Should we put the TV on the wall joining the house or above the woodburner (not ideal I suspect)? The room is 4.5m x 4m - the longer wall is the 'map' wall. House is 1970s - not a lot of character to play with. Thanks for any inspiration!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.