jack_smedley

Curtains for awkward floor to ceiling windows

Jack Smedley
6 August, 2019
last modified: 6 August, 2019

Hi All,

Curtain novice in need of advice!

I've been lucky enough to move in to a new flat with floor to ceiling crittall style warehouse windows (see pics and measurements below) that lead onto a balcony and thinking of how to approach curtains. Ideally I want (Dark green / teal) velvet eyelet curtains with a 25mm pole running across the top but need to open and use the balcony doors regularly without damaging the curtains.

In both rooms I think I'll need poles with wall brackets either end and one in the middle due to width and weight of the curtains.

The two bedrooms pose slightly different challenges so let's start with the trickiest. Bedroom 2 the middle bracket seems to mean I'd have to draw the curtains to the left only to use the door as there isn't space behind it. Is there a neat way of doing this that won't look unbalanced / awful?

Bedroom 1 I could draw curtains left and right but is there enough space behind the open door for them to hang?

In both cases, do I have enough space either side and above to stop unwanted light coming in?

What would people do in my shoes?

I want the velvet to soften the minimal feel of the room and make it a little cosier but is this a pipe dream? Would blinds be a neater solve?

Any thoughts / opinions welcome!

Thanks,

Jack