minipie

Any lighting experts who can help please (which LED bulbs)

minipie
4 years ago

We’re coming to the end of the renovation of our house and the builders are putting bulbs in all our new LED light fittings. I specified 2700k and CRI 95+ having read advice that that gives the “best” LED lighting (most similar to halogen) but forgot to specify wattage ‍♀️. They have put in 5.5W which I believe is equivalent to about 42W (although builders say it’s 50W).

Anyway it’s all looking a bit dingy. Nice for a relaxing evening but not enough light if you have to do anything. We have dimmers on virtually all circuits, so would rather have more light and dim down for the relaxing times. So we’re looking at swapping the bulbs.

Question is, should we swap the bulbs for 5W/3000k or 7W/2700k ? I don’t know what difference each will make.

Or should we stick with the 5.5W/2700k that we have and hope it’s ok once the rooms are all painted... ? (most just plaster at the moment which doesn’t help).

Thank you

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.