dalida444

Massive renovation project - floor plan dilemma 1 flat vs 2

Dalida D
last year

Hi everyone,

As the start date of my flat renovation project is fast approaching, I'm posting my dilemma again and I'd be so grateful to read any tips/suggestions you may have.

Flat size: 90sqm (with two entrances)
Location: centre of Budapest near the great Synagogue, 2nd floor overlooking a narrow courtyard with shops and cafes. (https://tinyurl.hu/ppO0/)

Goal: to have the flat fully renovated to a very high spec with the aim to rent it out on a long term basis to tenants who appreciate top quality design and comfort. (Airbnb is not allowed in the house).

Desired outcome: a loft style industrial/minimal, unique flat (or two smaller flats) that have a wow factor and are not the typical flats we see on Airbnb.

My dilemma is:

1. Should I separate the flat into two smaller ones or keep it intact?

2. In either case is it possible to create a floor plan/interior design that is genuinely unique, beautiful but also practical? I attached my two latest floor plans which are both good in my opinion but I still cannot see how I could bring that wow sensation out of them.

Does the layout and size of my flat (6m wide x 15 m long space with a 3.50 ceiling height and all windows placed on one side of the wall) allow for that wow factor I so badly would like to achieve?

Thank you so much for any ideas/tips/pointers! I'm all on my own in this and I can't seem to be able to decide whether to split the flat or not.