dalida444

Massive renovation project - floor plan dilemma 1 flat vs 2

Dalida D
last year

Hi everyone,

As the start date of my flat renovation project is fast approaching, I'm posting my dilemma again and I'd be so grateful to read any tips/suggestions you may have.

Flat size: 90sqm (with two entrances)
Location: centre of Budapest near the great Synagogue, 2nd floor overlooking a narrow courtyard with shops and cafes. (https://tinyurl.hu/ppO0/)

Goal: to have the flat fully renovated to a very high spec with the aim to rent it out on a long term basis to tenants who appreciate top quality design and comfort. (Airbnb is not allowed in the house).

Desired outcome: a loft style industrial/minimal, unique flat (or two smaller flats) that have a wow factor and are not the typical flats we see on Airbnb.

My dilemma is:

1. Should I separate the flat into two smaller ones or keep it intact?

2. In either case is it possible to create a floor plan/interior design that is genuinely unique, beautiful but also practical? I attached my two latest floor plans which are both good in my opinion but I still cannot see how I could bring that wow sensation out of them.

Does the layout and size of my flat (6m wide x 15 m long space with a 3.50 ceiling height and all windows placed on one side of the wall) allow for that wow factor I so badly would like to achieve?

Thank you so much for any ideas/tips/pointers! I'm all on my own in this and I can't seem to be able to decide whether to split the flat or not.

Comments (71)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.