sunshineband34

Dining Area Help

sunshineband34
17 August, 2019

Hi all,

I am hoping that somebody may be able to help me. I am trying to find the best place to put our dining table. At the moment it is located in the breakfast room but it is all a bit cramped. We have a small round table - about 115cm wide but we want to seat 4 people around it easily. I am toying with several ideas as follows - (1) to extend the kitchen out maybe 2 or 3 metres and move the table in there; (2) to put double doors between the kitchen and living room and use the area near the garden door for the dining table and then have living room seating at the fireplace end; (3) converting half of the garage so that the utility room can be moved forward and the utility room then incorporated into the kitchen making it hopefully big enough for a dining area? What does everyone think? The budget is tight - I have about £40k to make the necessary changes!

In case you’re wondering, the current room marked as dining room is now being used as a playroom but could also change that to the living room if that may help?

I have two boys aged 6 and 2 so we definitely need an area for them. I have been struggling with this for awhile and so any help/suggestions would be massively appreciated!!

Thanks so much.