libertyalexviv

Design inspiration for master bedroom suite in earth sheltered house

libertyalexviv
4 years ago

Hi I'm looking for a bit of design inspiration for master suite in my home which is in desperate need of renovation. Its slightly complex as the house is a earth sheltered listed property (link attached) so knocking walls down and reconfiguring the rooms would be a challenge. The house is 43 years old and we purchased it from the original architect. Much of the internal finishings and fixtures are still seated in the 70s. In the master bedroom suite we have a dressing room, shower room, toilet and washbasin, and a bedroom so we have lots of space but I need a bit of help thinking about how we can modernise the layout without changing the physical configuration. There is one area however that I can change - the dressing table area between the bedroom and shower room is just a hardboard partition with a mirror so we can take this away and open this up if we wanted to.... Any help, advice or suggestions would be very gratefully received....Thanks in advance! Xx

Ive attached a floor plan of the area with measurements along with some pics of the rooms as they are currently.....

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.