hock79

What would you do about this layout?

hock79
4 years ago

This house has been up for sale in our search area for many months, we are looking to upgrade from a 2 bed terrace to possibly a 3 bed semi, and this semi-detached bungalow is in a lovely location. However we haven't viewed it because the floorplan just seems a mess! It is marketed as having an 'annex' which we don't want or need, but the square footage is very good for what we are looking for. It is at the top of our budget so we would not be able to do anything immediately, however, if we could see the potential it could be something we do in a few years time. The rooms themselves in the most part, seem good sizes and the photos look good online.

The back bedroom can only be accessed via the utility, we'd like to have a utility, but obviously this isn't ideal. The front middle bedroom is tiny. The living room and the kitchen diner, whilst good sizes are long and narrow. I also see no potential of my dream which would be to be able to see views of the garden from the front door. Getting this layout to something normal for a 3\4 bed bungalow will take a hell of a lot of walls knocking down and rebuilding won't it?

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.