joycemckinnon

Cabinets with filled in crown molding?

joycemckinnon
4 years ago

I have a dilemma. My kitchen renovation is nearly complete, but the builders installed the cabinet molding incorrectly. They were supposed to use filler and then take the molding up to the ceiling. Instead they installed the molding to the top of the cabinets and left about a 4 inch gap between that and the ceiling. I'm now wondering if it's worth it to ask them to redo it, or if I should keep it as is. The big complicating factor is that we didn't used to have any crown molding in the kitchen, and they installed it throughout...without asking if that's what we wanted. So now we have crown molding at the ceiling that would not totally match the crown molding at the top of the cabinets. (Though I guess we could ask them to make it match?)

Comments (30)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.