webuser_849617483

What to do with fireplace/victorian home?

GM
4 years ago

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could advise us on what to do with this fireplace? At the moment it is just brick (it’s gone black at the back). The fire basket we have in there was bought at an architectural salvage yard in truth it’s a bit big for the space. Also the tiles don’t work for the space and I feel like it needs a surround of some sort. It is a working fireplace.

We have all the original fireplaces in all the other rooms but this one is without so not sure if it’s been taken out or if maybe the victorians would have had one open fireplace. It is a 2 up 2 down victorian workers cottage. Anyway, it doesn’t look too good as it is so would be grateful for advice!

Btw, The third and fourth pics are what our dining room and bedroom ones looks like just for a sense of what the others in the house look like.

Thanks!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.