joachim_vanhauwaert

Need advice on patio cover - do I want irreconcilable things?

Hello,

I recently moved to a nice ground floor appartement with a back garden. I feel right at home here, but I have a great need for privacy.

I want to transform my patio and back garden into a secluded, isolated, peaceful place, just for me. A kind of sanctuary, if you will.

That's why I am looking to cover my patio, mainly to block inlooking. I want a solution that is more than a mere canopy, but less than building an actual extra room. I want it to be a midway point between the living room indoors, and the outdoors at the back.

You can find pictures of my living situation here.

The difficulty is, that I am really enamored with the open view I get from my living room. You can see it in the last picture: open skies and lines of beeches.

This seems wholly incompatible with actually covering my patio. I was thinking of a transparent material, but this doesn't actually block inlooking, which is the primary purpose for building it. Then I was thinking of adding a layer of one-way vision foil to the transparent roof, or maybe slats arranged in such a way that they would block vision from the other apartments, but allow the light and the open sky views to come into the living room.

I was wondering if any of you guys understand what it is I'm looking for, with me being unfamiliar with all the options, and if you could suggest some solutions.

Thanks in advance

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.