huw_buckley

Cooker hood heights - lessons learned!

Huw Buckley
4 years ago

Righto, just looking at the fitting of the chimney cooker hood (Elica Claire 90cm). A lot of advice just focuses on the distance between the hob top (gas in my case) and the bottom of the hood. However, even the kitchen designers only look at this measurement. I would like to set my hood at at least 800mm from the hob top so I don't bang my head on it, but the kitchen seller advises 740-750mm. I'm 5ft6 and would bang my head!

There is another measurement that should be considered, the min height required between the bottom of the hood and the ceiling, otherwise the steel casing covering the extractor motor and ducting won't fit between the hood and the ceiling. Something which isn't even in the main instructions.

Elica don't do a shorter version of the telescopic chimney for the Claire model :(

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.