webuser_400840271

back garden shed - colour?!

Emily B
4 years ago

Stuck in a cycle of deliberation over the colour to paint our new shed and would appreciate people’s opinions please! See attached photos of the space and the shed (yet to be installed). It is a very small garden about 12ft x 28ft. I am not a fan of the orange dip treated wood that the shed will be but I do like the more natural looking colour of the existing fence. The fence has not been painted but I am thinking of putting a transparent preservative on it now in the hope that will keep it this colour, but I could also paint it a different colour. I would like the colour of the shed to tie in nicely with the existing surroundings and also our home interior (see kitchen attached) and look as visually pleasing as possible given we have a direct view of it through the bifold doors of our kitchen area. I generally prefer neutrals but I am open to the idea of colour. I initially had decided upon Cuprinol Arabian sand to try to tie in with the fence and the brick work cement and stone on house behind, but have since realised it is discontinued and I can’t get hold of it. I have also considered dark grey but not sure whether the garden is too small to carry that off and it will just make our view from the house a bit too dark. The door to the shed will face the path on the left and the window side will be on view facing towards the house. The existing rubbish in the garden will of course be cleared and the bins will be completely hidden by the shed when it arrives. Any ideas for shed paint colours here?! Thanks x

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.