webuser_37118706369

Hallway colour scheme advice

Nats
4 years ago

Sorry for long post! We have just bought our first home and looking for advice on what colours to paint our North East facing hallway. The front door (which has yellow panels of glass in it) faces North East which does not get a huge amountĀ of light through it (any light that does get through is tinged yellow by the glass on the door).
Ā 
We have an ingleneuk fireplace underneath the staircase which has two small stained glass windows which let a small amount of light in.
Ā 
The majority of light comes from the large stained glass windows on the stairway which allows light into the top half of the hallway and the upstairs landing.
Ā 
Given the mix of dark and light areas in the hallway, Iā€™m struggling to come up with a colour scheme. I really want the hallway to be welcoming and warm feeling (therefore I feel like greys should be avoided as they could feel cold withĀ the northern light). Ā 
Ā 
It is an Edwardian house so we have panelling in the lower hallway and a picture rail in the upper hallway. I was originally thinking of painting the panelling in Little Greene Skirting the incorporating the warm colours into the paintĀ on the walls above and below the picture.
Ā 
For the ingleneuk, we are thinking of embracing the darkness and going for a cosy feel by installing a woodburner and painting the walls of the ingleneuk in a deep blue to match the small stained glass windows.
Ā 
Have attached photos of some colour testers we have bought so far but none are particularly standing out to me at the moment. We definitely do not want Hollyhock as it looks very magnolia (which is what is on the current walls).
Ā 
Any advice much appreciated!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ā€˜Acceptā€™ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ā€˜Manage Preferencesā€™.