rose_williams31

Grout colour advice please

Rose Williams
4 years ago

The room is basically 1.9x3m, with fully fitted units in a slight L shape (for 80cm shower screen fitted aside the bath) up to an 1800x800 carronite quantum integra handled bath across the end.

The fitments are all concealed fitment chrome Bristan (bath taps wall mounted end of bath, shower all inside end wall plus ceiling mounted rainfall), 12mm bright chrome trim around alcoves and anywhere required, all 20mm black granite on worktops and shelves, cupboard fronts all an oak look with chrome handles. Its was originally going to be a warmer stone effect tile, even bought/got them but decided to get all new tiles (fortunately I have a use for them)!

The mosaic is for the splashback above the worktop on a false wall with shelf and for in the back of 2 80x30cm alcoves on the bath end wall (vertically aligned).

The dark grey metro sized textured tile is for the whole end wall (apart from alcove back) laid in brick pattern, and for the end of the bath up to the continuation of the shelf above the units. ALSO, the side of the bath.

The third tile is a silver birch effect, laid staggered vertically (15x90cm tiles) throughout the rest of the walls... and on the floor.

I already have a new 5kg bag of Mapei Manhatten coloured grout, which you can see is a pretty close match to the light grey base colour of the floor and majority wall tile in silver birch.

Please give opinion on if to use it at all.

I love the question what are you working on? when starting a post.... everything at once of course!

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.