e11ie

Any idea what type of wood is this

Luciana
7 September, 2019

We were very lucky to find all sorts of wonderful old stuff in our new house (and barn), one of which is this absolutely enchanting bench, one of those that have a swinging back and a bit of carving. It looked rather dusty when I found it:)) but after a good scrubbing with some soapy water and a mighty brush, I discovered that it’s in a great condition!
However, I want to protect it and would love to give it that liming wax look, but from what I’ve read only certain woods are enhanced by liming. Apparently it’s a wasted effort to use it on pine and, as I have never done anything like this before I would like to avoid disappointment:))
Is there anyone who could give me a clue about what type of wood this is and what would be the best way to restore it. Thank you!