catherine_hw

Victorian gas fire insert...?

Catherine HW
4 years ago

Morning all, hoping for some wise words / advice; we have a (working) fireplace in our sitting room but would like to install some sort of ‘real look’ gas fire into it. (We are in London so there are restrictions on what fuels can be burned, plus I’m lazy and would rather avoid the mess and faff of cleaning up and chimney sweeping for a real fire). As you can see from the pic, to the right of the fire is a (working) gas supply which I guess has previously been in use - so the set up is there. What we would like is a real look type fire that can been inserted into the existing fireplace, so we retain the look, but somehow conceal the gas feed. Has anyone else done this? Can anyone recommend where I can track down the sort of ‘insertable’ gas fire that an fit into an existing fireplace? Any thoughts on concealing the gas pipe? Thanks v much in advance:-)

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.