robbieburford

separate utility room or not???

robbieburford
4 years ago

The first photo is existing plans and the next is the design we looking at - been a few months of decisions but decided to go 4m rear extension as well as to the side. Originally were going to keep the whole of the existing kitchen as a utility room but realised it’s too big for utility relative to rest of house and it doesn’t allow for more open feel when walk into house. Decided to move the middle wall (load bearing ) across to allow smaller utility and bigger area for dining table and more airy flow when waking in , so can also see into garden from front door .

Does this extra cost of moving a load bearing wall create that much extra value and is a separate utility (even though it will be quite narrow) a sought after feature for buyers??

Or should the wall be removed completely and utility room on show ?

Lastly peninsula counter versus island in the kitchen ? The bifold doors are being limited to 4.5m across to save costs .

Appreciate any thoughts .
Thanks

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.