natalious13

Modern industrial kitchen design help

We are about to extend our kitchen and I need help deciding on style. It's a Victorian terrace, will be 6.5 x 4.4m. We will have a "single wall" kitchen with island in the middle. Light floor tiles to match the patio. An exposed brick wall on opposite side to units.

Now we need to decide on the kitchen. Had always thought shaker style with light grey cabinets and dark island with brass handles. However, now that I'm looking at the space, layout (everything down one wall) and overall feel (exposed brick, aluminium slimline doors etc) I wonder if we should embrace the industrial look and go with a more modern kitchen - potentially handleless with a concrete island. I'm worried a shaker kitchen might look too busy and take over the room, and also might not work so well with an exposed brick wall.

I know it's ultimately a personal decision, but any guidance would be much appreciated. I seem to change my mind hourly! Thank you :):)

Photo 1 - architect's depiction

Photo 2 - to give you a sense of the actual space with a shaker kitchen (ignore flooring and wall colours)

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.