What colour to warm up a cool grey exterior in a country house?!

Lisa L
12 September, 2019
last modified: 12 September, 2019

Hi, hoping for some professional advice if possible - my house exterior is painted in Dulux 'Rock Salt' - weathershield. It's off white, but it's classed in the cool grey scheme. My house is a chalet bungalow and it's in the country - my favourite theme is country cottage style. Whilst the house isn't a cottage, I'd like to create that look as much as possible.

The window ledges are currently in a dark grey but I want to paint these as the dark is too 'stark' and modern, which isn't my style. Rock Salt is renowned for being a cool grey, and I really like it, but I'd like to try and create a bit of warmth when painting the window ledges and garage door. I'm looking at mainly Little Greene paint as I love working with it, plus their colour palette is awesome.

The interior of my house is whites, pale greys, pinks, with wood dotted about - in keeping with my country theme. The garden is full of pink, lilac and white flowers.

Based on the above, any ideas of what sort of colours to aim for, for the window ledges?! I don't want to go with bright or vibrant colours, I'd rather go with muted, soft tones. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated to warm up the exterior! Thank you!