marieearl77

Induction hobs? Yay or nay?

Ellie

I have (had) decided to go for an induction hob in my new kitchen. Heard many good things about them. I am used to gas.

My work colleague today, who had their kitchen done almost a year ago, says induction hob was the worst decision she ever made! And within a couple weeks the hob was all scratched. She says if you boil pasta and there are some splatters then kthey turn themselves off etc.

My work colleague today, who had their kitchen done almost a year ago, says induction hob was the worst decision she ever made! And within a couple weeks the hob was all scratched. She says if you boil pasta and there are some splatters then they turn themselves off etc.

I had a ceramic hob years ago and hated it, as it looked awful pretty quickly. Is it really going to be like that again?

Also, she said you cant rotate your pot round to move handle to the back etc as that kind of movement will scratch...

My builder wants to know what hob, electricals are almost complete and he said something about induction hobs usually need a different wire, and not a 13amp (?) He also said to avoid the induction hobs that say they can run on a 13amp wire

Help, advice? Thanks

Also, any recommendations on what hob to get/avoid/brands etc.