sheenapink

Cooker hood advice please - Concealed our Chimney.

Blah1
16 September, 2019

Hi, my kitchen is being fitted in 3 weeks and I haven’t decided on a cooker hood yet! I’ve got a 78cm wide 52cm depth AEG induction hob and the plan is to have the cooker hood enclosed in a 90cm cupboard above the hob.

The depth of the top cupboard is only 30cm so my first concern is that the Cooker hood will not cover the whole of the induction hob - and I want it to perform as well as it can because I can only have recirculating extraction. On the other hand I can see that a lot of people are boxing in their cooker hoods so it can’t be that bad?!

There is a smaller choice of canopy hoods v chimney so I’m not sure whether to change the design of the kitchen and get rid of the top cupboard and stick to a chimney extractor where there seems to be a lot more options.

Any help would be much appreciated!