ruthpc

Shared Twin Boys Bedroom Layout, Storage and Feature wall Ideas!

Roo
4 years ago

Hello,

Need some help as I am not used to decorating!

I have twin boys (9 years old) sharing a room and their bunkbed is quite large (we can't afford to get a smaller one at this stage). One has chosen blue and the other yellow as a feature wall. I think the feature wall could be on the window wall, but I've read that a feature wall shouldn't compete with windows.

I also don't know how to get shelves, soft seating for reading, toy and clothes storage in the rest of the room. Any help would be appreciated. looking at kallax bench as an option, but think that might be too small and hard for them to sit on (even with a cushion). They are quite tall for their age. Also wondered if a couple of low chest of drawers instead of a large wardrobe may help the room feel bigger and give them space to put things on and play. They love lego, minecraft, avengers...

Plans and options to follow...

Thanks,

Roo

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.