steve_steve100

Curtain conundrum - swags and tails

Steve Steve
16 September, 2019

Hi

We have a Victorian home, and we are trying to refurbish it in keeping with the original Victorian style. Rightly or wrongly we are trying to avoid the “modern with a Victorian twist“ fashion and get it back to more like it would’ve looked in 1895.

We are trying to work out how to dress the bay window in the living room. We’ve had the coving reinstated and the sash windows replaced. There is room between the top of the window architrave and the coving for a board to hang swags and tails style curtains.

Working out how to dress such a square bay window is quite a conundrum.

Note the complications, a radiator below the window, and the way the coving runs around the bay.

Have any individuals or companies reading this have any ideas how this might originally have been dressed, or how to dress it in authentic period style, I’m all ears!

Thanks
Steve