slcampbe

kitchen diner- help!

slcampbe
4 years ago

I’m soon to be moving into a new build with an open kitchen diner. I’ve gone for pale grey shaker style cupboards and white quartz worktops with grey shiny floor tiles, (photo is the kitchen I’ve chosen but not the layout) we have a breakfast bar, and I’m really struggling to choose a dining table. We don’t have a separate dining room so I am looking for a table for 6 people. I didn’t want to go for complete glass as feel it would be too ‘modern’ but on the flip side am not sure oak would go with this style, although I have seen some beautiful tables. As a contrast I am drawn towards oak with black legs as the rest of the kitchen is pale. The photo with the chairs has an option to have a glass top which I loved but wasn’t sure about the chrome legs and I loved the other table with dark legs.....help!

Then there is the question of chairs, I don’t want anything too grand but do like the velvet chairs for comfort and then would keep 2 bar stools simple. I am thinking of injecting a pop of colour, like teal, or blush or would it be ‘safer’ to stick to neutral.....any advice would be appreciated as I’ve started dreaming about dining tables!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.