webuser_256504730

Small study/mudroom beside the entryway - missing an opportunity?

Brett
4 years ago

Hello,

We have always struggled with space for coats, shoes, bags, keys, etc in our tiny rented terraced houses. The house we are buying has a very small study in the front of the house, which we immediately thought we could use as a mudroom with a bench, and a closet for coats and shoes for the whole family.

I'm now looking at this again, and wondering whether we should consider removing that wall that separates the entryway from the study. We could still put a closet along the right wall (connecting the cloakroom and the front of the house). It would open up the entryway and perhaps make things more dramatic, and crucially it could let in some additional light... but is this the best use of space?

Overflow of shoes and coats, etc could potentially be stored in the garage...

Below are some images that were inspiring me re: our mudroom. There was also the idea that it could act as a 'command centre' for the household, with all important mail, documents, calendars, etc. and could keep the entry of the house uncluttered.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.