michtam

How to make a small bathroom look bigger.

K Tam
19 September, 2019

Hi. We have a small bathroom which we totally want to change: chuck out the old bath, get in a walk-in shower and re-tile. The bathroom does have a window but we want the room to be brighter and to trick the eye into thinking it's larger. Several years ago, we put in white metro tiles with dark grey grouting - not the brightest of ideas as it sure does make the room appear a lot smaller. White replica marble wall tiles going up to ceiling are appealing but what would you recommend for the floor? It's frequently suggested that the same tile should be used for both floor and wall to make the room appear larger, however can you get non-slip replica marble floor tiles? Also how big should the wall tiles be?

Here's an idea of the size of bathroom at the moment although the bath is currently directly opposite the door under the window as opposed to where it is in this picture and the sink is where the shower is. We're thinking of having the walk in shower on the left as you walk in through the door. Many thanks.