kasia_chiluva

Kitchen and hall open plan - downstairs

Kasia Chiluva
20 September, 2019

Hi everyone,

I've just reserved a new house with quite a small kitchen and I have been wondering how would it work to open it up with the hallway. I attach my super professional drawing :)

I thought of asking the developer not to put the walls in red. The house is at the early building stage so it might work, I just don't know if they would agree. It might be less hassle for them simply not to build them but maybe some additional designs would be needed that might cost. Any advice on your experience with such requests would be vey appreciated!

I would then move the units in yellow (oven and fridge). I would love to fit in a kitchen island somewhere too. I also had an idea to have a sliding door to the living room to limit the open space if needed.

They provide all the kitchen cupboards so I expect them not to be happy with any requests but worth trying I guess!

Thanks for any thoughts!

Kasia