stokes21

Material Around Raised Garden Beds?

D M
4 years ago

Bought a new house that has 4 existing garden beds however, they’re old, unsightly, and poorly placed so we’re replacing them next year. We need to raise and level out that side of the property so we’ll be starting from the ground up.

Currently there is part grass, part mulch between them and not much of either. A lot of work to be done! Anyways. What is the best material to put down between them/on the walkways? I would prefer no grass as it’s just a pain to get the lawnmower in there to cut. And I figured there might be a method to the madness with certain materials that will help the the soil around the beds.

I also have quite a few very well establish raspberry plants. I noticed the previous owner put grass clippings around them. Keep? Or remove all this and put something else down? Ideally I’d like a cohesive look in the entire garden area but at the end of the day, will do what’s best for the plants.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.