marieearl77

Karndean cost, supplied and fitted

Ellie
22 September, 2019

We are considering Karndean wood look, knight tile. Local floor store quoted £60 per sqm supplied and fitted. Does this seem OK?

This was just an in-store quote. Not been out to measure. It is for newly created kitchen/diner through to hallway. About 30 sqm total floor area.

Our builders are still on site. They have suggested 9 or 18 mm boards for floor. Do you think the karndean suppliers will want to put down their own floor underneath or should that be OK? I assume it should reduce the £69 per sqm then or am I being hopeful?

My builder also said some floor fitters skimp a bit on nailing the boards down and he knows he will do it right.

Ta