webuser_464073214

New house has long living room, need help with layout and design.

Katie Valentine
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello all,

I was hoping I could have some ideas from you guys about what to do with my new living room?

We are in the process of buying it. The living room is 20 foot long by 11 foot 9'' wide. (or vice versa ;) )

It has a fireplace at the top end , a door to the hallway half way up one wall and sliding patio doors across the other side of the room.

I have spent many hours drawing out plans for what we could do, however I am struggling to find a good plan? The doors do not help...please see link below. Doors on floorplan are not in the correct place I believe. The patio doors especially.

New House link

We will use the room for watching films and like the idea of a corner sofa. We have a large curved tv that we really don't want to put on the wall and have lovely oak tv unit and coffee table that we'd like to use and two oak bookcases. One is 2 foot wide and one is 3 foot wide.

huge thanks in advance for any ideas :)

Kate

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.