sophie_donnelly

best paint colour for a north facing living room?

Sophie Donnelly
4 years ago

Our living room is well overdue a freshen up.

It's north westerly facing with a big box bay window. it gets the sun across the box bay late in the afternoon. The house in a late Georgian semi in South East England.

Three walls are currently painted in Dulux timeless and the one behind the leather sofas is just on brilliant white as this was a newly plastered wall after doing some works to move the doorway.

Any tips on paint colour to warm it up? I've got a swatch of f&b dimity which I wasn't overly keen on at first but it's now growing on me. I was wondering if a more bold colour would help? the rest of the house is more neutral though and I want it to flow nicely.

The mirror is changing to an overmantle mirror. I'm thinking about making new Roman blinds that aren't cream but still neutral. Swatch of fabric added as a photo below.

All furniture and the rug will be staying.

All advice much appreciated!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.