blade40

Bathroom dimensions posing problems - layout inspiration needed!

Michelle Werry
4 years ago

Morning Houzzers

We desperately need to update our bathroom however the bathroom dimensions are making it difficult to work out the best layout. Ideally we are looking to lose the bath, have a large walk in shower, toilet and vanity unit.

I’ve attached the floor plan below. We plan to knock out the cupboard which is currently accessed outside the bathroom in the hallway. My proposed solution is to put the walk-in shower where the bath is located, then slot the toilet next to that on the same wall (effectively where the cupboard currently is which also contains the soil pipe) and then have a 1m long vanity unit in the top left hand corner running along the 2.28m wall. My only concerns with this are whether the shower will be wide enough as the gap from the wall to the window is only 76.5cm.

My husband mooted the idea of having the walk-in shower where the cupboard is located ie immediately on your right as you enter, with the vanity unit located where the bath currently resides and keeping the toilet in its current location.

What do people think is the best layout, or is there another option we should be considering? I haven’t got any designs mocked up so we’re having problems visualising...

Having been on this site a while I’ve seen some great suggestions to other people’s design dilemmas so fingers crossed someone can help me! Thanks

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.