marieearl77

Kitchen flooring choice, help please

Ellie
4 years ago

Our renovation is coming along nicely.

We have knocked together the kitchen and dining room to create one space, measuring roughly 6m x 5m.

The kitchen is arriving this weekend and we hope it is fitted end of next week.

Dark charcoal shaker kitchen. Tall units, base units and island. Light (white) worktop - not chosen it yet but it will be light to contrast with the dark units. Walls will all be white. See pics for the room.

Flooring - new flooring will run through from the front door through the hallway and into the new kitchen/diner.

We do want a wood (look) real wood/lvt/ no idea. Have never bought flooring other than carpet before!

We considered Karndean, someone is coming out to measure for it tomorrow.

We have 2 young children, we want something that will not scuff/scrape easily. Something low maintenance.

We would happily go up to around £70 per sq m, if that was including fitting.

Thanks!

Hallway, this is the new doorway into the kitchen/dining room

House · More Info

Idea of layout of kitchen, dining table near the doors. Doors 3.4m wide, 2 pane slider.

House · More Info

It will be a simpler version of below, without the wall units. I do want a warm feel with wooden floors though

Battersea Kitchen · More Info

House · More Info

Comments (20)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.