ribena_drinker

Painting a lined basket

Ribena Drinker
4 years ago

For Christmas last year I got a hamper filled with goodies, which was actually a giant basket with handles. As we've obviously demolished the contents, I'd like to use the empty basket somewhere in my sitting room for logs maybe.

The trouble is although it's a great shape and size, it's a really nasty, fake looking, orangey colour, which aside from being quite unpleasant and cheap looking, the colour doesn't 'go' with the rest of the room.

I've decided to paint it, if it's possible. Do you think a thinned down eggshell wood paint would do the trick?

Also, it's lined with what I think is just like a cotton canvas, which seems to be sewn in. Should I just leave it in and hope the paint doesn't make too much of mess coming through the basketweave, or should I take it out and risk not be able to get it fixed back in properly?

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.