webuser_892873506

Problems with website search

Andrew
4 years ago

First apologies that this is not a design dilemma, or if it is then only for the website designers. But I have posted twice to the Using Houzz board and it has not appeared either time. I am keen to find out whether that applies to any board or just that one. I would also be interested to learn whether anyone else has seen this problem with the search function on the website. To reproduce this try:

Browse to www.houzz.co.uk

Sign In

Enter something into the search bar at the top. Say, 'Kitchen Islands' and select 'Kitchen Islands in Photos'

You should get lots of pictures of kitchen islands. Top title displays something like '1,377,809 kitchen islands Home Design Ideas, Pictures and Inspiration'

Filter by selecting a location - any location will do. Top title displays something like '471 kitchen islands Denmark Home Design Ideas, Pictures and Inspiration'

Now do another search, say 'Kitchen Taps' and select 'Kitchen Taps in Photos'

You should get lots of pictures of kitchen taps. Top title displays something like '30,956 kitchen taps Home Design Ideas, Pictures and Inspiration'

Filter by selecting a location - any location will do. Top title displays something like '45,466 kitchen islands Australia Home Design Ideas, Pictures and Inspiration' Note that it is now showing kitchen islands and not kitchen taps.

Filter by a different country. Top title now displays something like '851 kitchen taps New Zealand Home Design Ideas, Pictures and Inspiration'. Note that the search has now changed back to kitchen taps.

This is repeatable and not dependent on the search terms or locations selected.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.