hillfly

5 bed or 4 bed - and what master/en-suite layout?

hillfly
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi all,

We are currently waiting on our planning permission and have been fiddling with our plans as ever!

Some of you may recall a number of threads where we've had some great advice getting to the application stage. We also worked with OnePlan to design our downstairs layout which we love.

One little niggle that remains is the dilemma between the 5 bed plans we have submitted or tweaking them down to a 4 bed that allows for a more luxurious master and en-suite. This would help budget wise too as we would leave the existing bathroom as is. I can feel us moving more towards the 4 bed option at the moment (despite previously being adamant we wanted 5). Looks like Grandma is getting the sofa bed! ;-)

Attached below is the 5 bed plan and then a version I have hashed up by swapping over the 'bed no.5' with the bathroom so we can make it into a master en-suite (and still keep a bath with a view).

I still need to add the door for the master to this plan. None of these changes should affect the planning app which would be ideal as they are only internal changes.

However we cant help feel that its such a large space (master + bathroom) that there may be a better layout - maybe with a walk in wardrobe area or something else we cant see. Views are to the rear so worth keeping in mind.

We'd welcome any ideas you lovely lot may have and as always thank you in advance!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.