mrsclairenicholson

Downstairs Layout

Claire Nicholson
4 years ago

We have just had an offer accepted on a house, which will be a complete renovation project.

Keen to get ideas on how to completely redesign the downstairs layout- nothing is off limits except for extending, as we feel there is enough square footage, it just needs completely reconfiguring. Budget is pretty flexible and not a particularly limiting factor.

Considerations are that we have 2 muddy dogs, who need access into a boot room or utility without going through the main house, when they come back from walks.

We also have lots of coats and muddy boots and outdoor stuff and will have a baby by then, so need storage for pushchair etc.

We would also like space for a dining table that seats at least 10 and isn’t in a separate dining room.

We also need a decent sized downstairs office as hubby works from home.

There is also a pretty garden right across the rear of the house, so keen to maximise access and views to that.

Would love to get some ideas, in addition to the things we’re already considering.

Many thanks,

Claire

Comments (20)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.