architectjane

Is the struggle to agree holding you back?!

i-architect
4 years ago

Some clients come to me after decades of living in their home. They feel stuck.

They have been frustrated and dissatisfied, and have wanted to make big changes to their home for years.

One of the biggest things getting in the way for couples is not being able to agree on what to do.

Most couples understandably want to avoid arguments. Instead of stirring up trouble they would rather enjoy a harmonious relationship.

They worry about the conflicts that may occur if they try to make big changes to their home.

They would rather put up with the daily frustrations caused by their house in order to prevent any conflict.

Creating a joint vision with your other half doesn't mean only deciding to do things that you both agree with.

You CAN have different visions for what you want.

The key is being clear about what you each want and need.

It's the designers job to create solutions to even seemingly contradictory requirements.

Yes this can be done and doesn't mean you will be forced to make compromises that you're unhappy about.

Is the struggle to agree preventing you from making the big changes you want to your home?

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.