patrina_cossey

Wingback Recycle

Patrina
4 years ago

This summer I taught myself a new skill - Upholstery. This chair spent lots of years serving its proud owner who passed it on to her granddaughter. she didn't know what to do with it and was reluctant to ĺet it go to landfill. She was happy to sell it to my sister in law to use as a nursery chair. For me recycling wherever possible is very impartant. I hope that this chair will be around for a lot more years to come. I hope I did it justice.

Comments (21)

• Sonia
    4 years ago

Beautiful :-)

• Karen
    4 years ago

Wow!! that looks amazing!!

• rachelmidlands
    4 years ago

Fab work Patrina! Beautiful fabrics:-)

• PRO
    Cour Interior Design
    4 years ago

Great work!

• E D
    4 years ago

As said before, awesome!

• E D
    4 years ago

Your sister in law must be well chuffed.

• Sue S
    4 years ago

Love it. Good job.

• E D
    4 years ago

Maybe share some ‘during’ photos too?

• Lena
    4 years ago

It looks great. Well done!

What did you mean by saying that you taught yourself? You’ve learned how to do reupholstery by reading a book, or an article only?

• Patrina
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@Lena no books literally just took my previous project apart took lots of pictures, bought replacements like the grippers for the back and pinhead strips and it turned out great. Blue chair is my first attempt. @ED some during pics for you. This chair was particularly difficult to take apart becsuse the fabric was starting to fall apart, the grippers were rusty and they all came off in bits.

• Patrina
    Original Author
    4 years ago

PS thanks again for your kind comments :-)

• Lena
    4 years ago

That’s impressive!

I have exactly the same Parker Knoll armchair as in your first picture. We keep using it, as I couldn’t justify spending £400-500 on a reupholstery service.

How long did the project take? Which sawing machine did you use - I imagine a simple one wouldn’t be able to deal with heavy velvet?

• Jonathan
    4 years ago

Really professional looking job and nice choice of fabrics- well done

• Anthony (Beano)
    4 years ago

Glad you started a thread on this:-) it looks fantastic, I can only imagine what’s involved! Often thought of taking an upholstery course, this makes me want to even more, we are doing our final bedroom Shortly and I’m thinking of making a bed! Lol will be covered in fabric so we will see.

• Maria Seminara
    4 years ago

Very creative, bright and beautiful, well done ♡

• Patrina
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks @Maria Seminara the chair is now living it's second life in my nephew's nursery 😁

• Mary Mary
    4 years ago

Looks amazing

• janet_allen8
    4 years ago

Stunning! Love the materials & fantastic job. Didn’t realise you’d done the blue chairs too, talented 😊

• Patrina
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@janet_allen8 yes the blue ones were the ones I taught myself to upholster on.they take pride of place in my office/reading room.

• janet_allen8
    4 years ago

@Patrina that beautiful room 💗... makes me want to get brave with colour but am such a neutrals girl at heart!

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.