frickshop

Composite door with UPVC sidelights - will I hate it?

Steph

The front door of our newly purchased 1930s semi needs replacing. Problem is the current wooden frame was a self-installation by the previous owners and is rotten and a non-standard size. So we need a new frame and two sidelights (I think is what they are called) left and right of the door.
Quotes for timber doors start at £4.5k which is just too much Struggling to accept this and proceed with ordering a composite.
I'm nearly sold on a Safestyle GuardDoor in Duck Egg Blue but the frame around the side lights will obviously be UPVC.
Will it look too plasticky? Will I hate it? Should we extend the budget for the door at the expense of something else? Help!